It is the responsibility of every company using pallet racking to ensure that the racking is frequently inspected and on a regular basis that it is inspected by a competent person. Racking Safety is a very important part of warehouse safety. Dependent on your usage, racking surveys should be carried out at least annually and in many cases every 6 months.
This is typically a bit woolly but most responsible companies will establish an internal routine of walk around inspections then on an annual or twice yearly basis have an external rack inspection carried out. These are often called a SEMA inspection and gives the client a feeling that if this inspection has been carried out then his racking must be safe.
However this is not always the case. With the best will in the world the inspection only picks up component damage and basic details such as whether load signs and beam clips are fitted. It is rare that the actual load capacities claimed on the racking are accurate. It is therefore wise to get a person competent in the racking system that you use to undertake a survey to at least ensure that the load signs are correct and also that any maintenance work is carried out by a competent company in their racking system. We can offer this service !
Racking surveys are important for your safety ! Racking surveys are quite cheap so please book one now !
Book a rack survey right Now !
Still interested ? Why don’t you book a rack survey right now by contacting us.
What racking surveys inspections usually include :
- A full inspection of your racking infrastructure to assess build quality and identify any damage or defects
- Assessment of loadings in line with manufacturers guidelines
- Recommendations and guidance on any damage observed
- Identification of risk of damage from manual handling equipment
- Highlighting any possible risks of injury to persons accessing the racking as a result of damage